A very big hello to my fellow group members, Kate, Christina, Luisa, Nouf and Lisette,
What a big tute we've had today.
I also note that Feedly.com's graph of my Blog visits has peaked today as well. Exciting? Maybe :)
This week's reading was also pretty interesting, Tim Berners-Lee 2010 'Long Live the Web' because it does talk to the importance of the different ways in which people use the Web and how TBL would prefer us to use it. His passionate concern for his invention is understandable and so his statement that 'the Web is like a democracy itself and it needs protecting' helps us to understand some important aspects of what he intended for it initially. I agree with him that it is important that the Web has universality. The Web does need to be able to work, no matter what hardware, software, network, connections or languages are being used. TBL wants to keep the Web open with standards with his Web principle of 'anyone can share information with anyone in the world'. But, different companies, governments and browsers interfere with this openness and snoop and compromise our basic human network rights with their spiders and robots and other methods. I think that it's also possible that we do take the Web for granted today, what do you think ladies? Does it need to be protected?
So, Maria has a Fruit Shop and that's interesting? I feel quite exhausted trying to move within Amaya to make her Website, but I also feel pretty proud of the way that we all worked together to help each other this afternoon. I'm also hoping that this Website development task will help me in real life. I've been trying to create my own website using Wix and this does 'seem' to be a little easier, however, I have come to a brick wall with this and need some help with links and creating a discovery layer which works. Maybe Maria might help me, especially because it's for a business which I'm trying to set up asap.
Happy blogging everyone!!
Cheers,
Susanne
Hi Susanne! I think that the protection of personal network rights is important and work on it. Moreover I want tell you, using Amaya is very easy and fast to create a website.
ReplyDeleteGood Luck.
I hope that you and I can work together a bit more next week then Nouf because I really don't think that it's that easy, although, I suppose it's not too bad. Cheers, Susanne
ReplyDelete